Pages

Monday, June 29, 2009

Game to Wait For: June, Week 4

...Ok, Ok, I'm gonna stop cranking these out weekly. This will go montly after this post, but at least I had a good run with it.


Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. Again, this is warranted considering my situation with Marvel vs. Capcom 2. A fighting game on the Wii, it has beautiful 3D graphics on a 2D playing field, dynamic, combo-intensive gameplay minus the apparent brokenness in MvC2 (minus waggle, hopefully), and a great cast of characters. While I know the entire Capcom team (including Rock Vulnutt, personal favorite Megaman), I unfortunately know very little of the Tatsunoko crew beyond the fact that the cast is very iconic in Japanese animation, despite my love of the TV genre. That, and I'm sure Nintendo gave homage to Tatsunoko via the Pokemon Horsea. Just means I have some studying to do before I pick this one up...that is, if I pick up a Wii by then. The best part about this game coming to the US though (it's already out in Japan), beyond the fact that we get some bonus characters, is that it shows that the crossover games can work outside of Japan. There's already a crossover game out in the US now besides TvC (although apparently it's not the greatest of examples). Now if we can get Namco x Capcom and Jump Ultimate Stars over here and translated, I'll be at peace with myself. Until then, here's the intro and a trailer for ya.





No comments: