Pages

Monday, February 16, 2009

An Otaku's Interests: Otakon 2009 Announced



If you look back in my archives, back when I had no posting schedule or structure whatsoever (I even had trouble spelling, apparently), you would come across some tidbits about Otakon, the largest anime convention on the East Coast. It's held in the Baltimore Convention Center downtown, so when I found out that the convention actually existed, I jumped on the bandwagon. I've been going every year since...what, 2005? And every year, I have so much fun, especially since just about all of my friends go as well now. I think I was the only person I knew in my old high school who actually went to Otakon that year, and I started telling everyone about how awesome the convention was. Every year afterwards, more of my friends came, and one even did cosplay (and she did it very well).

Well, it looks like Otakon 2009 has been announced. July 17-19, 2009, same place as always. Yeah, a lot of buildup just for a date, eh?

Interesting, because I've never seen the dates set as early as this. That also means, if I'm going to do a cosplay this year (like I keep telling myself I would every year), what should I be? I've come up with a couple of ideas, and I'm going to set up a poll for it on Wednesday. That also means a new website feature, so expect polls to pop up from now on.

No comments: