Pages

Sunday, November 16, 2008

What I See: "LBP Levels Getting 'Moderated' Out of Existence" - Part 2

Spotted on Kotaku.

I am furious at MediaMolecule for their actions in LittleBigPlanet right now. Personally, I enjoy the game, but as of today, I am seriously regretting the purchase and am considering returning the game for a refund. Once again, another level has been removed from the game, moderated and deleted out of existance for both the LBP community and its creator.

Do not take this as precedent, that Kotaku is going to get involved in every level taken down on LittleBigPlanet. But the demise of Azure Palace seems newsworthy for a few reasons — one, it's well made (a little too fly-and-grab for me, but still a good level); two, there seems to be no apparent reason for it; and three, it's the big stink in any forum now discussing Media Molecule's heavy-handed moderation.




I've played this level several times. I hearted (favorited) the level, rated it, and even commented on the end when I couldn't finish the level the proper way (really just a slight glitch easily fixable), though I could still definitely finish the level. If a level such as this is being deleted so easily and without any reason, what's to say a level that I create won't fall under the same fate? Here's my statement on the issue to MediaMolecule:

This level was great and original. I've yet to make a level in LBP, and at this rate, I don't think I will. However moderations are being taken care of, it needs to change immediately. Another mention of a moderated level for no given reason, especially one of this caliber and originality, and you will have lost a present and potentially future consumer. There is no way I'm going to keep a game where creation is half of the product and said portion is threatened to be null and voided on a whim. I do expect notification of if and when this change will take place as well.


If there isn't a response soon, I'm going to return the game if I can.

No comments: