Pages

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Video of the Week: MUGEN

M.U.G.E.N. is a 2D fighting game engine most famous for allowing characters from loads of 2D fighters, with some coding, to fight each other, as well as many custom characters created by other creators. It's a community thing really, and the best community I've seen for MUGEN so far is Mugen-Infantry, which features a database of characters, stages, addons, and more without "warehousing" them, which creators loathe because it means they don't get credit for the creation. I think I'll do a segment on the engine later, but for now, here is Mugen-Infantry's Video of the Week as mine, created by SicHead. What can I say? I loved it.



Oh, and just so you know, the video has edits within it. With a lot of work, I bet something like that could be put into the engine...but it would take a lot of work, I believe.

No comments: