Pages

Friday, October 10, 2008

Game to Buy: LittleBigPlanet (PS3)


I cannot wait for this game to come out. I'll update this post with an actual review once I buy the game, but from what I've played so far, the game is glorious. And yes, that means I got into the oh-so-wanted LBP Beta. I won't go into it here, because Destructoid already did a great job of it here. I will spill my experience so far, though.


I haven't even made a level yet, and after looking at some of the work that's already been done, I'm not sure my level would even make a blip on the radar of LBP. The game is pure platforming goodness, and it just has this addictive quality that I can't ignore. Quote my friend playing the beta with me, "You just can't play this game angry." Just about every level that I've been to so far has had some method of entertainment, whether it be with custom music, gigantic monsters, or a rocketboard with no directional control whatsoever.




Of course, customization is half of the game. Customize your characters, your levels, other people's levels, other Sack People, your stickers, your objects, your textures, your voice, your Sack Person's emotions...I've always been a sucker for just about any game with customization, so when you throw me into a game that is all about customization, there's no way I could hate it...ever. The community is great, as well, as I've been into several 4-person groups and just smacked each other around. We weren't even running through the level yet, and I was already having a good time. How many games let you have fun in the game lobby, of all things? Sure, you can talk in game lobbies, but LBP is the only game I've played where you can have just as much fun in-game as you can in the lobby.

Of course, the beta is not without its flaws...that's kinda the point of the beta, though, so it's a moot point, really. An accidental death here, a physics error here...I think the worse glitch I've come across is that after leaving a group, I was still able to listen to a person from the group talking, even though he couldn't hear me. Gameplay wise, though...I suppose I'd really like a double-jump, but that's just me, all honesty. Doesn't hurt the gameplay.

I am thoroughly enjoying myself, but the game beta ends tomorrow...*weeps*



Luckily, I have no classes today, nor homework due. Time to give my PS3 a good workout. If you're in the beta, I'm on as Zero_Armada. Mention my blog, just as an insurance policy. No matter what you're using, the internet is still the internet. The game is pretty much guaranteed a 5 out of 5 straight out of the gate, but to be fair, I'll wait until it actually comes out October 21.

No comments: