Pages

Monday, August 11, 2008

Programs for $0.00 - Notepad++


Notepad++ is a text editor on steroids. Like the default Windows Notepad, it edits .txt files, HTML, and more...much more. This C++-based program, unlike Notepad, supports syntax highlighting for multiple languages, perfect for viewing what code does what in a script. A tabbed-document interface allows for editing multiple files at one time, and Multi-View allows for two files to be on screen at the same time. There's even more to this editor than I know of, including plugins and the apparent Auto-completion and macro recording features that I don't use very often, but I know many others do. Honestly, I think I should too, but it's difficult to change a habit.


There's so much to still find out about this program for me, yet I use Notepad++ almost every day. If you're still using Windows Notepad or Wordpad, please, for your own sake, move on. Even if you don't download Notepad++, there are still many different kinds of Notepad-like programs for you to use. No self-respecting computer user beyond the casual users who don't even use Notepad should not download a program like this. Notepad++ is definitely up there, and it's portable twin is no joke either. Oh, and guess what? It's $0, as always. Now start typing already!

No comments: