Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

New Tech - DeepNote Guitar Hero Bot

Spotted on Engadget.

While I don't own any Guitar Hero or Rock Band game, I have friends that do. These friends also know I'm a sucker for music-based games. So I've handled the multicolored ax several times before. Can't say I'm very good either, but I have fun. After seeing this, though, all bets are off on having fun. The DeepNote Guitar Hero Bot is apparently able to watch the notes appear on screen, and then play them real-time, autonomously. It's still not perfect, however: no whammy bar, no star power, and it misses a note or two, meaning it is still possible to actually beat it. Thus begins my grueling quest to defeat a robot in something. Really, that would be a highlight in my life. Watch the awesomeness.


No comments: