Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

An Otaku's Interests - Welcome to the N.H.K.

I recently finished watching this anime, and I have to say it's a crazy spiral of comedy and drama that just works. This is one of the few shows that jokes with suicide and gets away with it somehow.

The story centers around a twenty-two-year-old hikikomori who gets aid from a strange girl who seems to know a lot about him, despite never meeting him before. A common theme throughout the story deals with the hardships of life and how people must deal with them in their own way.


So yeah, it's got morals in it, too. So what?

I don't know what drew me to the anime in the first place, all honesty. I heard about it months ago, but it popped on Crunchyroll.com recently, and they were promoting Best Buy sales by putting episodes online. Nothing better to do, I load it up. The first episode has to be the best out of the entire series; I've never seen someone talk to imaginary cakes and inanimate objects so reasonably without being under the influence of something strong.


I'd reccomend this one if only for the first ending of the show (credits and what-not). Be careful though, it does get a bit bland in the middle.

PS: Forgive the late post. ^_^;
Loading image
Click anywhere to cancel
Image unavailable

Loading image

Click anywhere to cancel

Image unavailable

No comments: