Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Stories in Code and Print

OK, that whole PSP - PC thing, got it figured out. So, not worrying about that anymore. I'm gunning for Half Life (so I can get Counter Strike) and Darkstalkers for the PSP next. My clan has this wicked CS server with a Warcraft 3 RPG Mod on it. Can't wait to check that out. Speaking of RPG Mods, I'm starting to get really interested in the Disasterous Concequences UT2K4 Server, 'cause it has...duh, an RPG Mod! I'm lvl 13 right now, and my arse is getting kicked in 15 directions. :(

All of this RPG stuff leads me to comics. How does it lead me to comics, you say? Well, I'm reading 3 VERY good comics: RPG World, 8-Bit Theater, and Dominic Deegan (just google them, I guarrentee you'll pick them out in seconds). RPG World is my latist comic right now, as I'm still in the archives (comic #400, though...lot of spare time). It's pretty much a comedy based upon every stereotype of a standard RPG to date, but it's done very well, and updated quite often. And at least half of the stereotypes are true in RPGs!

8-Bit Theater is another comedy pager, but whatever kind of plot it has (unlike RPG World and Dominic Deegan) it can fit on the head of a nail. It's just flat-out randomness, wierdness, and "explosion-ness" (did that last one make sense?). You'd really have to check it out in order to understand it. :D

Finally, Dominic Deegan. This is by far one of the best Webcomics I have ever read in my life. The plot is trememdously thick, the artwork is brilliant, the characters are very in-depth and are re-hatched in many unique ways, and it's updated pretty much every day now! That seems almost impossible, but somehow, this guy knows his techniques! There are fantasy elements (such as magic, magician schools, mystical creatures), and a few RPG techniques, this is by no means a telling of a game. I swear, I will never un-bookmark his site.

I know I haven't mentioned this, but I have a fanfiction based off of the Anime show "Hamtaro" (...I could't resist. They're just so damn cute!), which also employs the Legend of Zelda gaming series. It's called Hamtaro and the Ham of the Past (unique title, huh?). It's been down for nearly a year, but I just got chapter 4 and 5 up on my Rise of the Flame Volume (that's right, there is more than one volume, and there will be more) at Fanfiction.net. Check it out if you get the chance.

No comments: